MWC Previous office and History
2320 Lorne Street
Municipal Heritage Property designated in 1997
This property was built in 1911 for Archibald J. McPherson, a professional engineer employed successively by the City of Regina and the Province of Saskatchewan. The next owners were William and Violetta Graham, who resided here from 1918 to 1939. William Graham served with the federal department of Indian Affairs from 1884 to 1931 and was appointed commissioner for the Prairie region in 1919. Graham was a member of the Assiniboia Club, the Saskatchewan General Council of Boy Scouts and serves as a director of the Regina Exhibition Board.
This two-storey house of Queen Anne Revival style was designed to host prestigious events, as it included a main-floor ballroom and servants’ quarters. Constructed at a cost of $10,000 it experienced significant damage as a result of the 1912 tornado but was quickly rebuilt. Characteristic features include the tiered wall cladding with brick facing at main floor level and wood shingling above. It also includes a matching pair of oriel windows, a distinctively shaped dormer and a large veranda.